Less Expensive Approach to Make a Stunning Photography Portfolio Website
Oftentimes, the majority of photographers wants to have a portfolio websites where their potential clients can refer to like this one:
Unfortunately, the common problem by almost all the photographers, freelancers, and photojournalists is how to create their photography portfolio website at the most least cost. Some don’t even have a budget to hire a professional web designers and developers to create their site thus they are finding the most simplest way to create their photography sites.
How to Create Your Professional Photography Website By Yourself
Frankly speaking, you can actually create your website by yourself without depending to the developers and web designers. With today’s advancement of website creation, there are lots of solutions that you can use with minimal or no coding required. There are mainly two solutions present. The first one is to use a solution-as-a-service photo hosting (SaaS) like are Zenfolio and Smugmug. The second one is to create a self-hosted website using content management system such as WordPress.
1. Use an All-In-One Photography Website Builder
If you want to have a faster website making process and skip some parts in web development and as well as don’t mind fess and commission from your photo sales, then an all-in-one photography website builder like Zenfolio and Smugmug is what you need. Other solutions available are SiteWelder, PhotoMerchant, LiveBooks, Foliolink and Wix. usually, they provide the hosting, the themes and the domain or subdomain you need to use. You just need to sign up with them, customize your site and add your photos.
I favor Zen Folio over other options . Zenfolio is extremely uncomplicated, very manageable, considerably faster than Smugmug. As a result of the higher price tag at Smugmug, most people loathe Smugmug galleries since they’re not fast enough.
Reasons Why To Choose Zenfolio
- Basic level subscription provides 2GB of storage to start; another 1GB for every year
- Save time for web development tutorials
- Impressive degree of freedom and customization
- Fast way to share photos online with your possible clients
- Allow them to purchase photos online
2. Create a Website Employing a WordPress Photography Theme
This solution entails you to have your own web hosting and a registered domain names. You registering your domain names at any accredited best domain registrar like Godaddy and Namecheap. Then use this domain name in signing up with Hostgator. Install WordPress by logging in to your cPanel, and click on either Fantastico or QuickInstall to install WordPress instantly. Customize your website using professional photography themes available.
You may wonder why use WordPress and go self-hosting your website. Well, Here are some few points why implement self-hosted WordPress website.
Benefits in Having a Self-Hosted WordPress Sites
- Minimal programming knowledge.
- Pay nothing from your sale as opposed to Zenfolio and the rest of the Saas options where you need to pay 12% fee when you sell products from partner labs, pay 4% fee in case you self-fulfill your own orders, and pay 8% fee in the event you sell digital products.
- Unlimited storage capacity for your photos and other important files.
- Because of the multi-domain hosting features, you can create and host as many photography websites as you want.
- Cost is minimal since you pay only for the web hosting cost and domain registration unlike all-in-one photo hosting service were fees and percentage can increase as much as they want.
WordPress Photography Themes You Can Utilize
- Litho – minimalist, grid-based fullscreen portfolio WordPress theme with stunning looks and functionalities
- PhotoPro – a great canvas for showcasing your work. The minimal design
- Crius – a responsive photo portfolio with 6 creative gallery templates
- Self Titled – a responsive WordPress photography theme with unique custom-written slider. Works great for both portrait and landscape photography
- Fluxus – a magazine inspired WordPress theme for photojournalist. It features a portfolio horizontal layout, which allows you to showcase your work side by side. Just like we are used to see it in print. It focuses on big images, minimal design, beautiful typography, so that your art is free to stand out.
Reasons Why To Use Hostgator
More than 80% of experienced Webmasters recommend to try Hostgator. If you need an “unlimited” hosting plan, experts usually highly recommend going with Hostgator because they are the best best domain hosting around.
What if you find out that Hostgator sucks after you signed up with them? HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $0.01 (you need to use the special coupon). Do you know any other hosting company that can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
How to Get an Unlimited Hosting Plan for Only 1 Cent
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price with the Hostgator coupon 2013 below.
Why You May Want to Avoid Hostgator
To be honest, no web hosting service is perfect. Drawback of Hostgator includes:
- No free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $10 or less. That is fairly cheap considering a domain name costs no more than a few cups of coffee.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – well, they need to make money too and all the support and great service do come with a cost
If you are still not sure if HG is right for you, or you have specific query about anything at all, try the Live Chat at HG. They are fast and knowledgeable. Just shoot them some questions before you decide.
HostGator is having a 20% off sale right now but we have got a better deal for you. Just enter WEBTEMPLATE in the coupon code field when you buy any HostGator hosting plan and you’ll get it for 25% off!